1. Toward A Canon-Conscious Reading of the Bible: Exploring the History and Hermeneutics of the Canon. New Testament Monographs, 34. Sheffield Phoenix Press, 2014. (Details + Table of Contents)
1. "Dreams as a Structural Framework in Cormac McCarthy's All the Pretty Horses." In The Explicator 66.3 (Spring 2008), 166-170. Reprinted in Novels For Students, Volume 36 (Detroit: Gale-Cengage, 2011), 35-37. (full text) (pdf)
2. "The Canon after Google: Implications of a Digitized and Destabilized Codex." In Princeton Theological Review 16.2 (Fall 2010), 39-42. (pdf)
Below are reviews that appear in Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, Trinity Journal, Themelios, Horizons in Biblical Theology, Journal for the Evangelical Study of the Old Testament, The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology, Review and Expositor, Southeastern Theological Review, Southwestern Journal of Theology, Midwestern Journal of Theology, Journal for Baptist Theology and Ministry, and here on the blog.
2. Review of Timothy George, ed., God the Holy Trinity. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 50.1 (Fall 2007), 110-12.
3. Review of Fred Sanders and Klaus Issler, eds, Jesus in Trinitarian Perspective. In Trinity Journal 29.2 (Fall 2008), 341-42.
4. Review of Daniel Treier, Introducing Theological Interpretation of Scripture: Recovering a Christian Practice. In The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology 12.3 (Fall 2008), 111-12.
5. Review of James Beilby and Paul Eddy, eds., The Nature of the Atonement: Four Views. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 51.1 (Fall 2008), 113-15.
6. Review of Thom Rainer and Eric Geiger, eds., Simple Church. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 50.2 (Spring 2008), 241-43.
7. Review of Chad Owen Brand and R. Stanton Norman, eds., Perspectives on Church Government: Five Views of Church Polity. At BaptistTheology.org (May 2008).
9. Review of T.D. Herbert, Kenosis and Priesthood: Towards a Protestant Re-Evaluation of the Ordained Ministry. In Trinity Journal 30.2 (Fall 2009), 298-99.
10. Review of Constantine R. Campbell, Basics of Verbal Aspect in Biblical Greek. In Review and Expositor 106.4 (Fall 2009), 633-35.
12. Review of The UBS Greek New Testament: A Reader's Edition, complied by Barclay M. Newman. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 52.2 (Spring 2010), 187-88. Also at BaptistTheology.org (October 2008).
13. Review of Kenneth Berding and Jonathan Lunde, eds., Three Views of the New Testament Use of the Old Testament. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 52.2 (Spring 2010), 201-03.
14. Review of Stephen E. Fowl, Theological Interpretation of Scripture. In Themelios 35.2 (July 2010), 350-52.
15. Review of Thomas R. Schreiner, New Testament Theology: Magnifying God in Christ. In Horizons in Biblical Theology 32.2 (2010), 237-40.
16. Review of William D. Mounce, Basics of Biblical Greek, 3rd edition. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 53.1 (Fall 2010), 95-96.
17. Review of Nancy Guthrie, Be Still, My Soul: Embracing God's Purpose and Provision in Suffering. In Themelios 35.3 (November 2010), 548-49.
18. Review of Brevard Childs, The Church's Guide for Reading Paul: The Canonical Shaping of the Pauline Corpus. In Review and Expositor 107.4 (Fall 2010), 562-64.
19. Review of Robert L. Plummer, 40 Questions about Interpreting the Bible. At BaptistTheology.org (August 2010). Also in Southwestern Journal of Theology 55.2 (Spring 2013): 317-19.
20. Review of Paul Hoskins, That Scripture might be Fulfilled: Typology and the Death of Christ. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 53.2 (Spring 2011): 218-20. Also at BaptistTheology.org (March 2010).
21. Review of Charles E. Hill, Who Chose the Gospels? Probing the Great Gospel Conspiracy. In Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 54.3 (September 2011): 631-34.
23. Review of Christopher R. Seitz, The Goodly Fellowship of the Prophets: The Achievement of Association in Canon Formation. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 54.1 (Fall 2011): 77-80.
24. Review of Thomas R. Schreiner, Magnifying God in Christ: A Summary of New Testament Theology. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 54.1 (Fall 2011): 76-77.
25. Review of Daniel R. Driver, Brevard Childs, Biblical Theologian. In Southern Baptist Journal of Theology 15.3 (Fall 2011): 97.
30. Review of Peter T. O'Brien, The Letter to the Hebrews in the Pillar New Testament Commentary Series. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 55.2 (Spring 2013): 312-14.
35. Review of Scott R. Swain, Trinity, Revelation, And Reading: A Theological Introduction to the Bible and its Interpretation. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 56.1 (Fall 2013): 99-101.
37. Review of Michael Shepherd, Textual World of the Bible. In Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 57.1 (March 2014): 149-50.
44. Review of Christopher Seitz, Colossians (Brazos Theological Commentary). In Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 58.3 (September 2015): 655-58.
48. Review of Francis Watson, Gospel Writing: A Canonical Perspective. In Southwestern Journal of Theology 58.1 (Fall 2015): 124-26.
49. Review of Michael Shepherd, The Text in the Middle. In Southeastern Theological Review 6.2 (Winter 2015): 236-38.
51. Review of Matthew W. Bates, The Birth of the Trinity: Jesus, God, and Spirit in New Testament and Early Christian Interpretation of the Old Testament. In Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society.
54. Review of Matthew Crawford, Cyril of Alexandria's Trinitarian Theology of Scripture. In Southwestern Journal of Theology.
55. Review of Craig G. Bartholomew and Heath A. Thomas, A Manifesto for Theological Interpretation. In Southwestern Journal of Theology.
56. Review of Richard Hays, Echoes of Scripture in the Gospels. In Southwestern Journal of Theology.
Opinion Pieces / Guest Posts
- "The Image of God and Personhood of the Unborn as a Foundation for Thinking about Abortion" (guest post at Theological Matters)
- "Everything Rides on the Reality of the Resurrection" (guest post at Theological Matters)
- "Teaching Creationism in Public School Curriculum Part of a Well-Rounded Education" (Op-Ed, Cleveland Sun)
- "The Easter Wager" (at For the Church)
- "Still Sick in the Bay of Biscay: An Unremarkable Reflection" (at For the Church)
- PhD in Biblical Theology
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX
- Master of Divinity
Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX
- Bachelor of Arts in English and History
Stephen F. Austin State University, Nacogdoches, TX
- The Evangelical Theological Society
- The Society of Biblical Literature
- The Conference on Christianity and Literature
- The Cormac McCarthy Society
- The National Headache Foundation